Sent: Tuesday, 25 November 2014 9:00 AM
To: [redacted to protect name of whistleblower]
Subject: Surviving these tough times
- China - you really can't go wrong with anything on China and how much gold they are buying, the punters love it.
- Paper-physical disconnect - this one should still work even though coin premiums are low, just pick some silly price on eBay to contrast to spot or spin it that there are physical deals being done under the counter at much higher prices. Selective highlighting of online stores being out of stock can also support this meme.
- Blame it on manipulation - this is a great standby if you were silly enough to not make a generalised claim about price and got too time or figure specific.
- Level It - leave details essential for understanding true meaning out
- Sharpen It - make remaining details more specific
- Assimilate It - fit it to readers' frames of reference, they will condense or fill in gaps to give themselves a simpler, more significant configuration
If you work from this list I don't think you can go wrong, it certainly works for KWN.